Mark Nes has been tattooing for almost 10 years. He started his art journey as a young boy constantly getting in trouble for drawing instead of doing his school work. He progressed to airbrushing at the age of 14 doing commissioned work for events, sports teams and murals. Nes joined the U.S. Army after high school and successfully completed a 6 year term. While stationed in Hawaii he was approached by a tattoo shop after seeing his artwork and asked if he was interested in learning the trade. Under the guidance and mentoring of Ed Cairo, tattoo artist of 20 yrs, Nes began his tattooing career. After tattooing there for 2 years, Nes moved back to his home town, San Diego, CA. Nes has a very open mind to tattoo styles, not constricting himself into one style. He loves to do both color and Japanese style, but is also skilled in black and gray work. His lettering styles are rated amongst the best!! Doing custom lettering is definitely a valuable skill that he possesses. He has gained a solid work ethic and drive to constantly evolve into the artist he wants to be. Here is a small sample of some of the work by Nes. To see more or to have something unique designed for you by him then stop by the shop and ask for Nes.
Care instructions from Mark Nes
- Leave bandage on for 2-4 hours
- Remove bandage and wash with warm water and liquid antibacterial hand soap, using fingertips only
- Air dry, and apply a small amount of fragrant free lotion, just enough to moisturize. Less is better!
Do the following for the next 7-10 days
- Apply this lotion 1-2 times daily only when tattoo is to dry.
- Do not scratch, swim, soak, sunburn, or re-bandage your tattoo